HPA Architect Hayley Dufton and Postgraduate Assistant Holly Bate had an enlightening morning as they set out on an exploration […]
Principal designer & construction and design management
HPA act as Principal Designer on a range of construction projects to ensure the Construction Design and Management Regulations (CDM 2015) – the UK’s regulations for the management of health, safety, and welfare of construction projects – are considered, managed, and delivered.
From manufacturing and commercial sites, to housing, hotels, and leisure, we work with owners, businesses, and contractors to identify and eliminate risks; guide them through their obligations, and work together for the duration of the project to ensure health and safety regulations are considered with a proportionate approach.
Principal designer services we offer:
- Identifying, obtaining, and collating information on foreseeable risks at design stage and delivery of Health and Safety Pre-Construction Information Package – This should be reviewed at early stages in the project.
- Provide pre-construction information to consultant design team, Clients, and the Principal Contractor
- Ensure that our Clients are aware of their duties to conform to health & safety CDM regulations
- Collaborate with Consultant Team to comply with their duties and co-operate with each other on Health and Safety management
- Collaborate with Principal Contractor for the duration of the project
- Help to prepare the Health and Safety File
- Advise and work with contractor on future maintenance and system in regard to ongoing safety for users and the maintenance team.